Friday, March 27, 2009

Sublimely Sublime Chocolate

Looks Yummy? I'd agree, but that's all I can say about this amazing collection of chocolates that came home with hubby last night. Because when I went to bed, they were set out on the countertop, but when I woke up this morning, everything except the cardboard was gone. I know the three dogs came to bed with me, which left three humans, one of which is a serious chocoholic.

Sublime Chocolates opened last August in Allen, and is a family endeavor (yay!) of Troy and Bliss Easton (Mr. & Mrs.), and Bliss' sister, O'Lynn McCracken. You can read Teresa Gubbin's September review of Sublime for Pegasus News, here.

It's fair to add that this photo does not completely do justice to the beautiful color of these chocolate pieces, perhaps overcome by the poor lighting and the bright orange of their logo'd bag. The boxes which are a bright orange inside with a bronze and gold metallic exterior are well constructed, "They were designed to be jewelry boxes for the chocolates," according to O'Lynn. And she said many people collect them, including a math teacher that uses them to teach students about volume.

So because I missed out on this special treat (and because it's time to stock up on two teenagers' summer apparel at the outlet mall), I'm taking a road trip up to Allen in the next two weeks to check this place out. I'll keep you posted - and take pictures.

No comments: