Friday, July 31, 2009

AARRGH It's Friday, and $1.65 Gas

I have finally come to the breaking point, it's Friday afternoon, the last day of July and even though I'm on a deadline to finish June's financial statements, I'm giving in to the list of things waiting to be blogged about (sorry honey!).

So I'm tucking away the Quickbooks in favor of blogspot to do a quick blogathon for your Friday afternoon reading enjoyment.

And starting it off is my sharing of the $1.65 premium gas I pumped into hubby's SUV this week. What does this have to do with food? Well for years I've been shopping at the Tom Thumb on my corner, dutifully recording each transaction on my Rewards card, answering the checkout clerk "Uh, hunh", whenever they asked if I was aware of their gas special. But few Tom Thumbs in North Dallas have gas pumps, so I've never put it to the test.

Then this week I stopped by the Tom Thumb on Lovers, across from Central Market, and lo' and behold, I'd earned a discount of $.90 per gallon! I don't know if I blew out my discount in that one 20 gallon fill, but my car's getting low so I'm going to try it again pretty soon!

No comments: