Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Party That Ate My Shoe


Today I am glad. Glad I didn't buy those slightly-worn designer boots at Clotheshorse Anonymous yesterday and instead opted for some old, comfortable shoes. Glad we helped raise $50,000 for the American Cancer Society on the live auction Chef's Package last night. Glad we were one of the vehicles who were extracted from the mud by the tow companies farmers with tractors out in Kaufman so we could drive our limo driver could drive the one-plus-hour back to Dallas at 1:00 am. Glad I didn't have to clean a car today and instead can stay in bed - all day so far. Glad I can say that I had one of the best times in the mud ever at last nights Cattle Baron's party.

Not all was fun and games upon leaving however, the mud ate half of my shoe and I landed backside down in the mud myself. And the cars were trying to spin out of the mud and started sending it flying 40 feet in the air, over people well far away. And a few of those cars hit each other, ouch, maybe that's why they left some behind. Well maybe not everyone is glad today, but everyone would probably agree that it was an epic amount of mud for an epic fundraising event.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds like soooooo much fun!