Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Dinner Fit For Barons, A Stowaway's View, Chapter 2











I wish I'd known I was going to blog on this back then, I would have had less wine and more notes. The chefs who were so generous with their time were: Kevin Garvin, VP of Food and Beverage, Neiman Marcus; Kent Rathbun, owner, Abacus and Jasper's Restaurants; Richard Chamberlain, owner, Chamberlain's Prime Chop House/ Chamberlain's Seafood Market; David Holben, Executive Corporate Chef, Del Frisco's; and Jim "Sevy" Severson, y'know who. Unfortunately I can't remember who made what, but all the plates came back to the kitchen clean.

The Cattle Baron's Ball and Auction holds the record for being the American Cancer Society's larges fund raiser in the nation. This years event will be held October 3rd again at SouthFork Ranch in Parker.

The rest of our trip was fun as well, as the snow started to melt, Sevy and I headed south to Sante Fe, where we dined at 8 different restaurants in one day. I'll tell you that story later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amy, where do you find the time? love you!!!! tracy