Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How To Cook For Inspiration

I don't plan these posts, they just happen. But I was reading posts on a site today that made me wonder what has happened to humanity in our society. It's more than the recent economy, it's more than what is going on with the city (and it's schools). Lately I've heard many call out for "anonymous others" to volunteer their time and step in and save things, like it would be the easiest thing in the world to do, but these same "callers" are unwilling to see themselves in any role to help make a better world.

Do your worst, call me an optimist, but I believe that things can be different. Every day I read my favorite calendar quotes that I've torn off and stuck to my bulletin board next to my computer. I really think I need to share them.

* "One person can make a difference, and every man should try." John F. Kennedy
* "Some people look at the way it is and say why, others look at the way it could be and say why not." George Bernard Shaw
* "Leadership: The art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it". Dwight D. Eisenhower
* "Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne
* "Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine." Anthony J. D'Angelo
* "A bend in the road is not the end of the road, unless you fail to make the turn." Unattributed
* "Be the change you want to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi
* "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
* "The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." Dolly Parton

IJS, Amy S.

Update: Many of the comments on the linked web log above were removed by the publisher. Good.

No comments: