Wednesday, September 16, 2009

This Guy's On Today, Well, Tomorrow

Watch Richard Chamberlain prepare Iron Skillet Flank Steak with Garlic Tomato Jam on the Today Show tomorrow (Thursday 9/17 ). He is going to show people how to simulate the steakhouse flavor of steaks in their own kitchen. It should run sometime between 9:30 and 10:00 depending on the daily news.

This is a beef cooking gig, don't expect any pig hunting stories.

LIVE BLOG UPDATE: 9:27 am - Random thoughts as I wait for RC to appear. I wonder if he met Jenna Bush Hagar on the show today, I wonder where she, Matt and Al will be dining in Dallas tomorrow, I wonder if they'll want a great steak.
9:45 - Not on yet, no promos either, hmmm.
9:49 - I am now a big Mo'Nique fan, am putting her movie on my must see list-the promo almost made me cry. Oooh, there's Richard (just a quick promo shot).
9:51 - Props to Lisa, she makes this at home! Use Iron skillet because it keeps the heat even after a cold steak is put on it. BTW iron skillets sell cheap at First Monday.
9:53 - Flank steak is tough but lean, tender when not overcooked. 3-5 minutes on each side is all it takes. Cut across grain for added tenderness. I am now officially hungry.

No comments: