Thursday, September 4, 2008

Two Out of Four Chefs Recommend.....

For cinema entertainment portraying the restaurant industry, the majority of the vote went to (drumroll), Ratatouille! I won't say which two chefs, but yes, they have small children. I like Ratatouille very much but don't know if I'd call it my favorite.

As I was sobbing over No Reservations the other day, I tried to recall all the restaurant/food movies that have been made over the years. There's Waiting, a slacker flick with Ryan Reynolds, who doesn't love him? (Well maybe not everyone). Then there was the pie movie, Waitress, with Keri Russell, who's trying to figure her way out of a small town life. Depicting a restaurant's imminent death is Big Night, with Tony Shalhoub and Stanley Tucci portraying immigrant brothers who bring it to life one night.

My fav? Dinner Rush with Danny Aiello and a sexy cast, showing a different kind of heat in the kitchen. But somehow I feel like I'm missing some so give a shout out if you can think of any, it's always nice to share.

No comments: